Regional Inspired Guide Positions
Heritage Inspirations is New Mexico’s Premier Travel Company. Our mission is to create inspirational travel experiences that elevates our guest senses and compel them to an unmatched encounter with the Land of Enchantment. We take our guests off the beaten path, beyond ordinary tourist routes, and transcend boundaries and curiosities through our ethically curated, intimate, and immersive New Mexico excursions.
HIRING FOR 3 REGIONS: SANTA FE | TAOS | ABQ
- Tours based out of HI Office at El Monte Sagrado Resort in Taos, NM, and the HI shops located in both Santa Fe and Albuquerque.
- $15-25 per hour rate
Heritage Inspirations is looking for a professional and knowledgeable Regional Tour Guide to join our established travel company in Santa Fe, Taos and Albuquerque. Tour Guide responsibilities include guiding our signature tours by vehicle or foot while ensuring high-level, memorable, educational and safe experiences for each and every tour. Your local robust knowledge and expertise of associated Region are essential to providing our guests with authentic and enriching experiences on our tours. HI provides our guides with our educational Detailed Tour Description Database for each region. As a Tour Guide you wear many hats that provide an exceptional level of service for our guests.
We are looking for natural storytellers who are passionate and fluent with the culture, history, art, and natural history of New Mexico. In this role you will have organizational skills, logistical planning and foresight to anticipate each tour itinerary you are guiding. You will also manage the administrative functions related to each tour communicating pre and post trips with our guests. You will be responsible for managing and organizing the logistical scheduling necessary for your tour on each individual tour. When working to guide larger groups we exude a teamwork spirit while co-guiding that uplift and support one another working in the field.
In the Field-Guiding
- Busiest Season of tours March – October
- Guided Tour Schedule depends on Guest Bookings, this can fluctuate with the season and tour demand.
- Shadow HI Expert Guide on 2-3 Tours. Our HI Expert Guide Team will Shadow you on 1-2 Tours for your preparation and support in the field. Your training will be evaluated with robust feedback to provide expert guests experiences on every tour.
Qualities of a Guide
- Integrity and Authenticity are at the very heart of what makes up our team of Heritage Inspirations Guides. This is by far the most important quality to bring to your work with us.
- A service heart and team player. Working together makes us stronger and teamwork is essential to the success of our group tours. We encourage and uplift one another while working together in the field, which offers the highest quality of our guest engagement.
- Passionate about Guest Experiences and sharing your knowledge and trained expertise while on every tour.
- Great communication skills, public speaking on tour that HI encourages as authentic and educational storytelling.
- Professional presence in every arena of our Guest Experience.
- Organizational skills to host seamless trip logistics, timing and eloquence that enrich each tour with our expert quality and delivery of tour content.
- Consistency and articulation on your tours, reading your audience and engaging every guest on tour.
- Proficient on Word, Excel, Google Docs, Google Calendars, Google Drive and computer skills.
- Timeliness of your responses with your team and your guests in communication.
- Appearance is polished, professional, and clean.
- Come Prepared – Guides have their own Backpack with First Aid Kit, tour essentials, sanitizer, electrolytes, land permits, extra water, snacks, tissues, etc. We will help train on best ways to come prepared for your guests on tour.
- Communication with guests and team is professional and leaves behind personal issues and offensive language.
- Be Happy. Our goals at HI is to have a balanced and joyful quality of life that naturally allows you to perform at your highest self. Part of being happy is investing yourself into this work and discovering those parts that truly bring you to life and want to dive in deeper into the guest experience!
Apply for the Job
To apply for a Regional Tour Guide position, please contact Angelisa Murray at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are hiring for all 3 regions, Taos, Santa Fe, and Albuquerque so be sure to indicated region of interest in your application email.